Wednesday, February 11, 2015

If I Was a Faerie

If I was a faerie, I’d pretty much be Sabrina, my main character in “Not So Human.” Unlike her, I’d have short, curly brown hair and brown eyes, but that’s about where our differences would end.

The rest of the comparison checklist matches up pretty darn well, since we both:

·         Are sarcastic (sometimes) to a fault
·         Have a silly habit of falling for either short moody men, or tall delusional types who think they know everything
·         Crave life beyond our dead-end jobs and ridiculous coworkers
·         Thinks bangers and mash are one of the finest food concoctions ever devised
·         Have found internet dating to be more problematic than it’s worth

I’d also be up for having bright green wings. Frankly, I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t.

So yeah, if I was a faerie, I’d totally be Sabrina. In which case, I have to say I’m really, really happy I’m not one.

Because as awesome as it would be to have those wings, travel to Scotland and meet tall delusional types with gorgeous accents, I don’t think it’d be worth all the drama that comes with those perks.

As I mentioned last month, “Not So Human” briefly began along an autobiographical bent, hence the reason why our characters are so very similar. Yet considering the chaos that follows Sabrina around, I’d say it’s clear she became her own distinctive character along the way.

If that wasn’t true – if she was me – let me tell you, I would have written a much kinder storyline than I did. It’d be all moonlit flights and strolls through Edinburgh and, yes, bangers and mash.

So basically, not a story worth reading.

Proving, I guess that boring really can be best when it comes to real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment