Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Totally Fell In Love With My Own Character

I fall in like with my characters all the time. I mean, come on, they’re so adorable, right?

But I don’t usually swoon over them.

Except for Thomas Evans. I’ll admit I fell hard for that one.

Maybe it’s because he’s so tall and can beat up jerks.  I have to say, as a short woman, I find that characteristic pretty attractive.

I also have a major thing for military guys. There’s just something about those uniforms. Especially the Navy’s, possibly because of my family history. Regardless, give me a tall sailor with wide shoulders any day.

I’m swooning a little just thinking about it.

Not exactly sure when I fell in love with my purely fictional character. It definitely wasn’t from the second he was introduced in “The Politician’s Pawn.” But I was solidly head over heels possessive of him by the time I finished it, and that didn’t change writing “Moves and Countermoves,” or the next one up, “Amateurs Play Elsewhere.”

The crazy thing about writing, however, is that I can claim full rights over him, and still fully support his marriage. Because I like Sarah quite a lot too.

I like how she’s a strong good-girl type.

I like how she still has a sense of humor after everything.

I love her dark brown hair and green eyes. I think that’s my favorite combination on a woman.  Nothing but the best for Evans.

And I love how she loves my writer’s crush. They’re good together.

So I’ll stick with admiring her husband from afar. Which is probably a good thing, considering that he’s pure fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment